In the past month, two complete strangers have told me how well behaved my daughter is.
Me? Were you talking to me?
We went out to dinner and an older couple was sitting in the booth beside us. When they left the man passed by us and said, "Your daughter is very well behaved." WHAT? I mean sometimes she can be quite a handful, but for a complete stranger to make it a point to say something to us? Amazing. I was so proud and I didn't even do anything. THEN a couple of days ago we were shopping for a lunch box for Hal's first preschool! She had to give it to the check out lady and she always gets so upset to let go of whatever it is for 2 seconds while the lady scans the item. Following regular procedure, she cries until the woman hands her back the tinkerbell lunch box. She immediately stops crying and says, "OH Thank you Mama!" I paid for my things and was preparing to leave and the woman behind me says, "It's so nice to hear manners these days."
YES! I am doing something right!

2 comments:

meggiejaney said...

Yeah, just think of what the other kids are doing that these people see......You're doing great!

Megan said...

aww thanks janey!