So much for this make believe.
So tired of pretending.
In light of this recent discovery
that you know me.

All my inadequacies,
Those shy insecurities

but still I'm afraid to be
the frail child of God
that you made me.
Withdraw is my tragedy.
Oh, Lord please examine me.

Open me up.

You know everything about me.
You knew what I was going to say
before the words were on my tongue

There I go pulling back again
There I go resisting your love
and once again
I'm pulling masks out of the closet
one by one by one by one
Withdraw is my tragedy.
I could run, I could hide
but only find that it's
You that keeps me moving
You that keeps me moving
with love so high, so deep, so wide
I wonder why I even try?

Who am I to be loved by a God like you?

To be loved by a God like you.
Nobody loves me like you do.
And I'm free to fall madly in love
with you, too.


1 comment:

mama said...

I L-O-V-E that song..... so true!