I can tell that you’re down in your well again
 Too afraid to climb out
                     No one can hurt you ‘cause you will draw first, won’t you
                                                                                    You line em up and gun em down
                                             And pretend that you’re content to go without

After everything I’ve done
I still can’t convince you
As long as I’m with you
No harm will come
After everything you’ve seen
You still aren’t believing 
Afraid of receiving the gift I’ve brought with me
After everything I’ve done

                                                                You left the state on a westbound train 
                                                                With a storm moving in
 Has life been better since that change in the weather
                                                                       Or are you finally coming to understand
                                                                                                                      That you can’t escape the 
                                                                                                                                    state that you’re in

After everything I’ve done
I still can’t convince you
As long as I’m with you
No harm will come
After everything you’ve seen
You still aren’t believing 
Afraid of receiving the
gift I’ve brought with me
After everything I’ve done

                Oh it’s madness, I know
                                           Running from yourself
                                           But all of this sadness you hold
                                           You think it’s all you can feel
                                           This pain is not real
I know that you’re hurting now
But
when you’re ready, you will lay it down
Yeah come on lay it down.

No comments: