We decided to visit Matt's grandparents for a couple days. I love going to stay with them. I feel like I've been in their family my whole life. They are amazing. It was a little bit of a challenge traveling with Hallie, though. Now that she knows how to walk, she's grown into an adventurer. She wants to know about everything. She points at anything she sees and says "whatsat?"  It's cute but riding in the car with a screaming child isn't the most relaxing thing in the world. So finally on the way home last night Matt and I were both at our wits end and I asked him to try to sing her a song. He said "I don't know a song" and so I said "sing the itsy bitsy spider". He crawled into the back seat, put his face by hers, and sang/whispered the isty bitsy spider. (I dont think he wanted me to hear him) The moment he started to sing she stopped crying and fell asleep by the sound of her daddy's voice. It was the most precious thing ever. I hope I never forget it. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awww that is so cute!
I can't believe she is walking around and asking things.. wow

I think that means I really need to see you guys, I know i've said it before but seriously, when I don't have ten thousand things going on im inviting myself over. not kidding!!

Chubz said...

ummmm

so that comment was from me. Im watching my friends baby this week and had no idea she had a blogger account. hah sorry!

Megan said...

hahaha i was just reading that thinking: who the heck is shawn??
and YES please invite yourself over.

meggiejaney said...

I think Megan needs to make a trip to Carbondale this summer.....just a suggestion...OH and Matt and Hallie too....it's so worth it, because I have things that you will actually enjoy doing here now!